Search This Blog

Saturday, February 8, 2014

~ Last December Duel~


   Hello my friends and blogger peeps,
Today I am FINALLY posting the card I made for last December duel between the Divas (hosted by Kelly) and the Dazzlers (hosted by Jeanette). I am one of the Dazzlers in Jeanette's group and feeling so blessed to have received an AMAZING kit from her. Loveeeee all the wonderfulness she included and still have so much left for some future crafting w/ a Christmas theme.
Yes I am LATEEEE (again!) ...at first I couldn't find the kit (I hide things so well that I too have difficulty in finding them!) ...then, when found it -about a month after the duel was due- I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it and what kind of card I was going to attempt making...so I did....and am very happy with the result too:o) Then , I 'lost' my card!! *sigh* :(
Well... last night I came across this bulging envelope that I found in the garage (where all my craft stuff is store now) The large envie contained all Holiday cards received last year, and guess what was inside too? YUP! this featured card! I am guessing that when some of my grandchildren were helping put away part of the Christmas stuff, including cards received, this stable card, as well as a couple others new ones , ended up inside the said envie too!
Thank goodness I found it before next Christmas season rolls around! LOL



 The wonderful kit received, included the following:
Images: Kraftin Kimmie 'O Holy Night'
Designer Paper: Paper Studio Hay, Religious Subway Art, and Wood Fences
Embellishments: Crafter’s Square Yellow Star Button, Hobby Lobby Burlap, Hobby Lobby Gold Glitter Organza, Hobby Lobby Plywood Star Stickers, Michael’s Rhinestones, and a gold star paper clip (vendor unknown) , a piece of blue trim.


 The inside of the card was 'wallpapered' around the edge, done not symmetrically on purpose.
I added the sentiment from Inkadinkado 'O Holy Night' (interesting that's the same 'title' as the
image sent ♥) ...and yes...poor stamping on my part...totally not centered....yikes!
(Jeanette you must tell me HOW you use the stampa-ma-jig thingy...
I know you love it but I have no clue how to use that darn thingand gave up after several tries! :o(



For my card, I used burlap as the background, glued the goldstar paperclip to the
plywood gold star , added some cut off  burlap threads to the 'roof' of the stable, cut the word 
'Believe' from one of the designer papers received, and added as the focal sentiment in the front.

I really like how my first stable card turned out, here's the link to the tutorial:

 http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/stablecard/





Thanks for coming by and for leaving comments...
I appreciate each and everyone of them.
Blessings to all!















3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Paola this is beautiful - albeit late :-). Your card has already had an eventful life, and I am sure it will be appreciated once it is received by some one next Christmas.
Love the way you have used the burlap, and your card is gorgeous.
Blessings
Maxine

:: BlueInks :: said...

Great ideas on the use of the burlap. I especially like the top of the manger.

Barb said...

Great Card Paola--I am glad you were able to find it and share with us. Wonderful Colors!